Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Limited (Nine) - proposed merger with Fairfax Media Limited (Fairfax)


Type of assessment Informal Review
Reference 64311
Acquirer(s)
Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Limited (Nine)
Target(s)
Fairfax Media Limited (Fairfax)
Industry Media
Summary
Nine and Fairfax are proposing to merge their businesses. Under the proposed merger, Nine shareholders will own 51.1% of the combined entity with Fairfax shareholders owning the remaining 48.9%.
Date commenced 16th August 2018
Project staff Stella Leung
Zac Sotidis
Contact Email mergers@accc.gov.au
Market inquiries
Market inquiries have now closed. Queries regarding the ACCC's review may be addressed to Zac Sotidis and Stella Leung at mergers@accc.gov.au. For more details please refer to the Market Inquiries letter below.
Indicative timeline
Date Event
16th August 2018 ACCC commenced review under the Merger Process Guidelines.
7th September 2018 Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
8th November 2018 Provisional date for announcement of ACCC's decision (as outlined in the Merger Review Process Guidelines, this may be a final decision or release of a Statement of Issues).